The Equipment may only be used in a careful and proper manner. The Student shall keep the Equipment in good operating condition allowing for reasonable wear and tear. The Student shall immediately notify the Technology Department if the Equipment is not in good operating condition or is in need of repair. The Student shall be financially responsible for repairs due to negligence.
Care and Maintenance of the iPad
- Do not attempt to gain access to the internal electronics or repair your iPad. If your iPad fails to work or is damaged, report the problem to the Technology Department staff as soon as possible. iPad repair/replacement options will be determined by the Technology Department staff. You may be issued a temporary iPad or other materials until your iPad is working properly or replaced.
- Never leave an iPad unattended. When not in your personal possession, the iPad should be in a secure, locked environment. Unattended iPads will be collected and stored in the school’s main office.
- Never expose an iPad to long-term temperature extremes or direct sunlight. An automobile is not a good place to store an iPad.
- iPads do not respond well to liquids. Avoid applying liquids to the iPad. Do not use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean the iPad. Use of unapproved cleaners may remove the protective film covering the face of the iPad. Clean with a microfiber cloth.
- While the iPad is scratch resistant, the iPad will scratch. Avoid using any sharp object(s) on the iPad.
- Your iPad comes with a case and a sleeve. The role of the sleeve is to protect the iPad while the iPad is being transported. The case is to protect the iPad when in use. It is best practice to leave the iPad in its case.
- Avoid placing weight on the iPad.
- Never throw or slide an iPad.
- Your iPad comes with ports for charging and other accessories. Care must be exercised when plugging and unplugging accessories. Student-issued iPad accessories are the responsibility of the student.
- Each iPad has the ability to be remotely located. Modifying, disabling or attempting to disable the locator is a violation of the acceptable use policy and grounds for disciplinary action.
- Each iPad has a unique identification number and at no time should the numbers or labels be modified or removed.
- Do not lend your iPad to another person. Each iPad is assigned to an individual and the responsibility for the care of the iPad solely rests with that individual.
- The iPad is an electronic device and care must be exercised when handling the iPad. Never throw a book bag that contains an iPad. Never place an iPad in a book bag that contains food, liquids, heavy, or sharp objects.
- The iPad is designed for daily use; therefore, each iPad must be charged and ready for use each school day. iPads should be charged at home.